Updates From Antiochian Village Camp
Antiochian Village reports that in an effort to stay connected to campers and introduce young people to the camp experience, the Village at Home program is running several programs this fall. In Village at Home, camp staff visit a church at the invitation of the priest, and run a modified day of camp in the parish. Hosting parishes often extend invitations to neighboring churches with hope of exposing as many young people to the Antiochian Village camping program. Former staff members to join in for the day to assist with the program, which replicates as much as possible the typical camper's day at the Village.
The following Village at Home days are scheduled:
- September 28 - St. Michael Orthodox Church - Louisville, KY
- October 5 - St. Raphael Orthodox Church - Chantilly, VA
- November 16 - St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church - West Roxbury, MA
- December 7 - Basilica of St .Mary - Livonia, MI
- March 22 - St. Philip Orthodox Church - Souderton, PA
Additionally, camp dates for the 2014 season have been posted. The season's earliest camp is Winter Camp in February, and the last camp to wrap up is the Special Olympics Sports Camp during the second week of August.