St. George Cathedral Raises $100,000 for Charity
"Feed My Sheep"
Cathedral Dean Fr. Fouad Saba reports that in this last year, St. George Cathedral in Coral Gables, FL heard loud and clear this call of the Lord. In less than 10 months, the Diocese of Miami and the Southeast's Cathedral has collected and distributed near $100,000.00 in monetary aid and supplies. Some of the recipients include:
- IOCC (relief in Syria and Middle East)
- Al-Kafaat Foundation
- Miami Rescue Mission
- Children's Home Society
- Hope for Women Society
- Children's Relief Fund (Lebanon and Palestine)
- IOCC (Hygiene Kits)
- Orphans in Syria (Antiochian Women Annual Project
- Miami Department of Children Services
- Food for Hungry People Program
- Special Olympics (Archdiocese record collection)
- Local School (200 Backpacks)
- Local homeless shelters
- Local needy families (Good Samaritan Program)
"Whatever you did to the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:40).
Comments Fr. Fouad, "This is the work of the Gospel. This is a great achievement, but the Gospel is not satisfied. We must do more. It has been said, 'charity starts at home,' but this is not how Christ taught and this is not what Christ expects from His Church. We pray God will enable us to do more for those around us and those absent from among us."