The 2010 Diocese of Toledo Fall Gathering took place over the weekend of October 1-3, and was hosted by St. Nicholas Church  in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Pictured are Kareemeh Simon, His Grace Bishop Mark, Rose Mary Sears (daughter of Fr. Philipou Abou-Assasaly, the first priest ordained in Grand Rapids, MI by St. Raphael of Brooklyn in 1908) and Margaret Simon.
Diocese of Toledo Fall Gathering
October 1st-3rd 2010
Hosted by St. Nicholas Church  + Grand Rapids, MI
Holiday Inn Express
5401 28th Street Court SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Room cost each night: $69.00 + tax*
The ticket cost for the events of the weekend is $40.00. This includes costs for boxed lunch on Saturday afternoon, for the flag football tournament (t-shirt included) and the Dinner with Bishop MARK before the Hafli on Saturday night.
*Rooms are part of an all suite property including two double beds, a pullout couch, a living room area, and a complimentary Continental breakfast.
Schedule of Weekend
Friday October 1st- Event held at St. Nicholas
- 7:30 Welcome & General Presentations/Teen SOYO Meeting Part 1
- 9:30 Coffee Bar/Friday Night Drive-In Movie (Coffee & Desserts provided)
- 11:30 Compline Service
Saturday October 2nd- Events held at St. Nicholas
- 7:00-10:00 Breakfast Provided by Hotel
- 9:00 Matins
- 10:00 FSJD, Antiochian Women Meetings
- 10:00 Teens Service Project at Church
- 12:00 Box Lunch at Church
- 1:00-2:30 Teen SOYO Meeting Part 2
- 2:30-5:00 Flag Football Tournament/Free time
- 5:30 Vespers
- 6:30 Dinner/Dance at Church
- 11:00 Compline
Sunday October 3rd
- 9:30 Matins
- 10:30 Hierarchal Divine Liturgy
- 12:00 Goodbye Coffee Hour
In order to register your SOYO for the Fall Gathering you can call the number for the hotel listed above as well as email the Midwest President Dana Zawahri at 330-603-7182. RSVP ASAP.