St. Juliana lived during the first quarter of the sixteenth century. Her father, Prince Yurii Dubrovitsky-Olshansky, was one of the benefactors of the Kiev Caves Lavra. The God-pleasing virgin died at the age of sixteen. Her body, which was buried at the Kiev Caves Lavra near the great church, was found incorrupt during the time of Archimandrite Elisha Pletenets in the 17th century.
In 1718, the holy relics were involved in a fire at the great church. Thereafter, they were placed in a reliquary in the church of the Near Caves.
St. Juliana appeared to Archimandrite Peter Moghila (afterwards Metropolitan of Kiev) in a dream, reproaching him for the carelessness and lack of respect shown to her relics. He ordered a new reliquary be created, for which a suitable covering was made by pious nuns. The reliquary bore the inscription: "By the will of the Creator of heaven and earth Juliana, patroness and great intercessor to Heaven, rests here for all time. Here are the bones ... healing against all passions ... You adorn Paradise, Juliana, like a beautiful flower ..."
Many miracles have been worked by St. Juliana, and she helps those who venerate her holy relics with piety and faith. She is also commemorated on September 29 and October 10.
By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org )