Job Opportunity at the Antiochian Village
Antiochian Village Senior Accountant
Company: Antiochian Village, Ligonier, PA
Status: Full Time Employee
Education Level: College graduate
Responsible to the Antiochian Village Conference Center Executive Director and the Antiochian Village Camp Director
About the Village: The Antiochian Village Camp and Conference Center was founded in 1978 initially as a camp for young people. The Conference Center was added in 1985 as a full service Conference and Retreat Center that includes 100 hotel-style lodging rooms, a full array of meeting rooms, a chapel, a Library specializing in Orthodox Theology and Middle Eastern Studies, a full-service Dining Hall and so much more. In 2004, the Heritage Museum was added to the Antiochian Village as well.
The mission of the Antiochian Village is to serve as a “spiritual oasis” impacting lives in an Orthodox Christian setting in accordance with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Summary: This full time position is responsible for maintaining the financial systems of the Antiochian Village including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, financial reporting and maintaining of records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (in no particular order) listed below as well as other duties which may be assigned:
· Take initiative to control costs: research a particular financial situation, search for alternatives, and recommend a solution.
· Assist Executive Director and Camp Director in monitoring all financial aspects of the Village.
· Prepare financial reports including monthly financial statements for distribution to members of the Village Council.
· Prepare analytical reports about trends in expenses and revenue streams.
· Assure that all group contracts and guests are properly billed and that their outstanding balances are paid.
· Maintain and record all income via cash, check and credit cards as received.
· Balance computer check register to bank statements each month upon receipt.
· Input and pay all bills via accounting computer.
· Maintain accounts receivables records for all clients.
· Maintain account payable records for all vendors.
· Act as personnel manager handling all employee files, insurance claims, medical coverage, worker’s compensation claims and unemployment claims.
· Prepare payroll information and submit to outside payroll company.
· Monitor that the outside payroll company has filed all employee related tax documents, including but not limited to W-2s, quarterly and yearly, local, state and federal reports.
· Assist Camp Director and Executive Director in preparing annual budgets for Camp and Center.
· Prepare departmental reports and assist department heads in preparing and maintaining inventory reports for departments as needed.
· Maintain a log of equipment purchases by date for planning future replacements.
· Prepare information and cooperate with appropriate parties for all insurance and financial audits and reviews.
· Compile and prepare any other reports regarding financial information as directed by Executive Director or Camp Director.
· Handle all filing of relevant financial records, including but not limited to, invoices, checks, check stubs, financial reports and personnel records.
· As with all administrative personnel, perform duties as directed by Executive Director and Camp Director.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting and/or significant financial management experience is preferred, including a working knowledge of financial systems. Computer skills are a must, especially a working knowledge of Quickbooks Pro. Previous administrative experience is helpful.
Language Skills: Ability to read and write financial and other reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present financial information when requested.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Requires a criminal background check and National Sex Offenders check.
Benefits: Competitive salary, health, dental & vision benefits, 403B opportunity and more
Application Process: Résumés (please include references) should be sent to:
Mr. Paul Finley
Antiochian Village Camp & Conference Center
140 Church Camp Road
Bolivar, PA 15923
To learn more about Antiochian Village, please visit the website at http://www.antiochianvillage.org/center.html
Contact Information: Mr. Paul Finley - Executive Director
724-238-3677 or send an email
Antiochian Village Camp and Conference Center was founded in 1978. Situated in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, the Camp and Conference Center are ideal settings for outdoor recreation, spiritual growth, spiritual discovery and gathering places for groups.