Food Box Program
Metropolitan SABA feeds over 200 families each month. They are the poorest of the poor. Food box assistance is provided with priority to families with children, the elderly, and widows. Assistance is given to all in need regardless of who they are.
Needs to be met:
- Funds for each family at $25 per month (total $300 per year)
How Can You Help?
- Sponsor a family (or families) for a year
- Hold a special fundraiser to be used for the Food Box program in Hauran
- Designate a parish ministry team (e.g., Antiochian Women, Teen SOYO) to make the Food Box Program a focus of their ministry
- Conduct prayer services for the people of Hauran
- Sponsor a family for a month or a year
- Donate a financial gift for the Food Box Program
- Donate savings from your food budget during fasting periods
- Have a donation box available at each coffee hour
- Hold a parish or public luncheon
- Hold a bakesale
- Auction dinner baskets made by parishioners for a parish social event
- Obtain gift certificates from local restaurants and businesses for an auction
There are so many possibilities for fundraising and education. This is not a definitive list. Please use your community’s resources and talents to contribute in a way that suits your church.