The Department of Homeschooling
With us everything should be secondary compared to our concern with children,
and their upbringing in the instruction and teaching of the Lord.
~ St. John Chrysostom
This department was created in 2015 and is staffed by volunteers who are grateful for the Metropolitan's support for this growing educational option. The primary goal of the Department of Homeschooling is to promote, support, and unite homeschooling families throughout the Archdiocese. Secondarily, we seek to remind all parents that their children's education is their responsibility, whether or not they outsource this task.
His Grace Bishop Thomas, Diocese of Charleston, Oakland & the Mid-Atlantic, is our hierarchical overseer, and Fr. Noah Bushelli (St. Philip Orthodox Church, Souderton, PA) is our director.
By God's Grace:
- We sponsor the annual St. Emmelia Homeschool Conference.
- We host workshops at Parish Life Conferences as requested.
- We host electives at the Antiochian Archdiocese Bi-Annual Clergy Symposium to help priests more effectively ministry to the homeschooling families in their parishes.
- We are developing a homeschool curriculum collaborative.
- We support the two Orthodox online homeschool opportunities:
~St. Raphael School, and
~Classical Learning Resource Center.
- We work with the other departments of the Archdiocese to ensure harmony.
- We guide potential and new homeschool families in critical perspectives and first steps.
Please pray for us and our work. If you'd like to help our support financially, please email Fr. Noah. May God—through the prayers of Saints Emmelia, Nonna, and Anthusa, the Mothers of the Three Hierarchs—bless our efforts!
|Homeschooling Introduction (PDF)||313.64 KB|
|What Priests Should Know About Homeschooling (PDF)||176.48 KB|
|Department of Homeschooling Mini-Report, February 2017.(PDF)||275.03 KB|
|Department of Homeschooling Mini-Report, April 2016 (PDF)||183.94 KB|
|Department of Homeschooling Report, 2015 (PDF)||413.09 KB|
|Homeschooling in the Archdiocese, April 2015 (PDF)||100.25 KB|
|Theophany Academy Overview 2014 (PDF)||494.8 KB|