Antiochian Women Surpass Goal to "Help the Orphans of War in Syria"
At the July 2014 Archdiocesan organizational meetings at the Antiochian Village Heritage and Learning Center, the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Women of North America (AOCWNA), represented by North American Board President Violet Robbat, and Vice President/Project Coordinator Dianne O'Regan, announced the total contributions received to date for the 2013-2014 Project: "Help the Orphans of War in Syria." On behalf of the Antiochian Women across North America, these women were honored to present a check to His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph for $283,055.55, the largest amount ever raised in a single year during the forty year history of the Antiochian Women!
This Project was tasked to the organization last summer by His Eminence Metropolitan Philip of Blessed Memory, who set the fundraising goal at $200,000. Upon Metropolitan Philip's falling asleep in the Lord in March of this year, the Antiochian Women sought to raise even more funds in his honor.
One hundred percent of all monies raised will be hand-delivered to the Antiochian Patriarchate for distribution to the most needed areas.
God bless all of those throughout the Archdiocese – and beyond – who have contributed to this worthy and life-changing cause. Additional contributions continue to be received as of July 31, 2014, so stay tuned for future updates.
As of July 16, the contributions by diocese were as follows:
- Diocese of NY and Washington, DC/Diocese of Charleston, Oakland, & the Mid-Atlantic $68,584.37
- Diocese of Miami and the Southeast $57,930.04
- Diocese of Ottawa, Eastern Canada and Upstate New York $23,305.49
- Diocese of Toledo and the Midwest $30,473.31
- Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America $28,927.04
- Diocese of Worcester and New England $30,026.60
- Diocese of Los Angeles and the West/Diocese of Eagle River and the Northwest $38,119.00